Monday, October 3, 2016

Fiskebar in Antwerpen

In 2012 in November (c.4 years ago as I am writing this) we did a small road trip in Belgium to Bruges and Antwerpen. I did not find any places to rave about in Bruges but I did enjoy a very nice dinner in a restaurant in Antwerpen called Fiskebar. I have checked the more recent reviews now and as they are still good, I figured I would jot down our experience quickly too. 



Marnixplaats 11
2000 Antwerpent
tel: 032571357

We like lively venues and this was just that. It also got livelier as the night went on, which was absolutely lovely. The ambiance was of a wine bar/ cosy restaurant. Rather dark but not too much. Not too fancy. Relaxing. The staff was great! 



We started with a plate of oysters and some nice white wine. 

Then we got some...you guessed it! Fish! 



It was not revolutionary but it was well prepared and cooked and the flavours worked together. We loved the restaurant! 

would love to go back to see how it is now. 





No comments: