Sunday, July 22, 2012

Brunch in NoLita - Cafe Habana

If the place looks the same, smells the same, tastes the same, feels the same and is still the same way completely full 3 years later - they must be doing something right!

I welcome you to Cafe Habana in New York. An amazing place to have brunch or lunch or breakfast or dinner. It is very close to where I used to live in NY so we went there as often as we could.


From the outside


As the name implies they serve Cuban food. I cannot comment on the ethnicity of it as I have never been to Cuba. However, the food at Cafe Habana makes me want to go to Cuba. We have had pretty much everything on the menu and if you can only make it there once, I would recommend the corn (which I just learned from their website is Mexican style) and the cocktails. Everything else is the icing on the cake. 


Food






Eating corn




The place itself is relaxed, loud and messy in the best possible way. It's ALIVE! and when you are there, you feel ALIVE. I would not go there in my evening gown but 'just off the beach' wear. Really, if this place was not in the middle of the concrete jungle they could as well lift it and place it just next to a beach and it would fit there beautifully.


Now - as usual, a picture is worth a thousand words (especially if the writer is me...) so here are some more:










Highly, highly recommended!!!

No comments: